Piper Archer DX
The Archer DX is Piper’s newest generation of aircraft for today’s pilot. Unparalleled fuel efficiency and superior operating economics offer the freedom of flight with less expenditure. A Centurion 2.0S diesel engine and advanced Garmin avionics suite ensure reliability in this contemporary aircraft. With 15% less acquisition costs*, the Archer DX offers a compelling argument in the current economy. Piper continues to evolve to meet the modern pilot’s needs, while promotiong the most fundamental legacy and maintaining the original intent: A passion for flying.
*Compared to other four-place diesel trainer aircraft.
Specifications and Equipment in the Piper Archer DX:
AVIONICS: GARMIN G1000 AVIONICS SUITE: Two 10.4” High Resolution XGA (PFD/MFD), Aspen Standby System (EFD 1000), Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), Solid State Air Data Computer (ADC), Solid State 3-Axis Magnetometer, Dual IFR Enroute/Approach and WAAS Certified GPS, Electronic Engine Indication System (EIS), Dual Nav/Comm (16 watt), GTX 33ES Transponder with Extended Squitter, Digital Audio Panel, Traffic Information Systems (TIS), Terrain and Obstacle Mapping.
ADDITIONAL STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Centurion 2.0S Diesel Engine with FACEC | Tail Strobe Light | Wing Tip Landing/Recognition Lights
- Range w/ 45 min. reserve: 848 nm / 1,570 km
- Service Ceiling: 14,100 ft / 4.298 m
- Takeoff distance (ground roll): 1,135 ft / 346 m
- Landing distance (ground roll): 920 ft / 280 m
- 70% power cruising speed: 114 ktas / 211 km/t
Click for here for full spec. and price
Press about the Piper Archer DX:
- Why Piper plumped for Centurion diesel in Archer DX, European Pilot
- Piper introduces diesel Archer, FLYING, April 2014
- Piper's Archer DX diesel, AVweb, April 2014
- Piper's Archer DX diesel, VIDEO, AVweb, April 2014
- Diesel Archer approved in Europe, AOPA, April 2014
- Piper offers diesel Archer DX, Austratian Aviation, April 2014
- Piper launches diesel Archer, LOOP, April 2014
- Piper aims for widespread uptake of diesel-engined Archer, Flight Global, April 2014
- Lanserer Piper Archer DX med diesel, Flynytt (NO), April 2014
Meet the other members of the Piper family: