Archer LX: Lycoming O-360-A4M 180 HP (Standard)
Archer DX(Diesel): Centurion 2.0S Diesel Engine with FADEC, (OPTION)
2 blade Sensenich Propeller
3-blade MT Propeller ( DX Standard)
4 seat configuration
AVIONICS: GARMIN G1000 AVIONICS SUITE: Two 10.4” High Resolution XGA (PFD/MFD), Aspen Standby System (EFD 1000), Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), Solid State Air Data Computer (ADC), Solid State 3-Axis Magnetometer, Dual IFR Enroute/Approach and WAAS Certified GPS, Electronic Engine Indication System (EIS), Dual Nav/Comm (16 watt), GTX 33ES Transponder with Extended Squitter, Digital Audio Panel, Traffic Information Systems (TIS), Terrain and Obstacle Mapping.
Additional Standard Equipment:
- Tail Strobe Light
- Wing Tip Landing/Recognition Lights
- Piper Archer LX (flight test), Pilot, November 2012
- Piper Archer, FLYING, June 2011
- Piper Archer LX: 50 years and counting, Plane and Pilot, May 2011
- Why Piper plumped for Centurion diesel in Archer DX, European Pilot
- Piper introduces diesel Archer, FLYING, April 2014
- Piper’s Archer DX diesel, AVweb, April 2014
- Piper’s Archer DX diesel, VIDEO, AVweb, April 2014
- Diesel Archer approved in Europe, AOPA, April 2014
- Piper offers diesel Archer DX, Austratian Aviation, April 2014
- Piper launches diesel Archer, LOOP, April 2014
- Piper aims for widespread uptake of diesel-engined Archer, Flight Global, April 2014
- Lanserer Piper Archer DX med diesel, Flynytt (NO), April 2014
For a pilot – or a pilot soon to be – the Piper Archer LX is the perfect first step to joining a world of blue skies and happy landings. In fact, American Piper themselves describe the Archer LX as “a classroom” that will allow you to develop skills and experience to become a safe and sensible pilot.
Remember to enjoy the journey and let the Piper Archer LX take you wherever you want to go. In this aircraft you will learn how to become a safe pilot and experience the simplicity and the fun.
Standard equipped with four top-of-the-art leather seats and the Garmin G1000 Suite, the Piper Archer LX has all you need when it comes to comfort and technology. Later, when you are ready to meet new challenges, the IFR equipment will allow you to obtain an instrument rating.
Basic List Price LX: USD 372,400 (2018)
DX Diesel Engine Option: USD 58,545.20