If you're going to be at European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition on May 23-25 be sure to drop by the Piper Aircraft stand
Piper announces auto-land in the new M600 SLS!
Piper Aircraft Inc. has just announced the groundbreaking aviation safety system, the HALO™ Safety System – a safety system which is factory installed in the new Piper M600 SLS.
This enables the aircraft to land without human interference!
We are incredibly proud to be able to share this groundbreaking technology with our clients!
The HALO™ Safety System is a compilation of innovative technologies unique to the M600 SLS and the Garmin G3000 avionics suite. The system includes Auto-throttle, Emergency Descent Mode, Enhanced Stability and Protection, Surface Watch, Safe Taxi, Flight Stream connectivity and more. However, of greatest significance is the addition of Garmin Autoland – digital technology that safely lands the aircraft at the nearest suitable airport in the event that the pilot is incapacitated.
This is what you can expect in the HALO™ Safety System:
- Autoland: If necessary, HALO takes over the controls and guides the aircraft to the nearest runway for a precision landing. Automatically activates when autopilot is in LVL mode for two minutes or when Emergency Descent Mode is activated at 14,000 feet. Can also be engaged manually by a guarded switch on the instrument panel. GFC 700 Autopilot with Advanced AFCS Fully integrated flight control system for exceptional flight automation with a dual AHRS-based system. Seamlessly integrates a flight director, autopilot, automatic trim and yaw damper into the G3000 suite.
- Automatic Level Mode: Returns the aircraft to a wings-level attitude with zero vertical speed at the push of a button.
- Autothrottle: The M600SLS includes a fully integrated, standalone auto throttle, which reduces the pilot workload. The single-lever autothrottle automatically adjusts the aircraft’s power settings based on the preset flight profile – from climb-out to the landing approach.
- Hypoxia Recognition System with Automatic Descent Mode: Monitors pilot interaction when autopilot is engaged at cabin altitudes above 14,900 feet. If needed, the system brings the aircraft to a lower altitude to allow recovery from hypoxia.
- SafeTaxi®: A highly detailed, georeferenced airport map that displays your aircraft’s position on the airfield. Also shows an overlaid map of hold short lines.
- TerminalTraffic™: Syncs with SafeTaxi maps to display all ADS-B equipped aircraft and ground vehicles for increased situational awareness.
- SurfaceWatch: Its clear visual and aural cues direct you to the correct runway on takeoff and approach.
- Flight Stream 510: A wireless gateway that streamlines your workload by connecting preflight planning to your mobile device from the G3000 avionics system.
European Aircraft Sales is proud and happy to present this new product to their clients, knowing that the innovative safety system will make the future of general aviation even safer than it already is!
The most precious cargo a pilot can have are the passengers, and the new HALO™ Safety System will enable anyone to land the Piper M600 SLS, even without any aviation experience.
If the pilot is incapacitated a passenger simply has to press a button, and the aircraft directs itself to the nearest airfield and lands itself without putting the passengers in danger. This is a paradigm shift in modern aviation!”
Watch the promotional video from Piper Aircraft right here: