HALO™ Safety System
The new HALO Safety System recalibrates the scale of safety by incorporating innovative technology that is designed to enhance situational awareness while also providing autonomous safety features that can engage automatically or manually if ever needed.
Incorporated as a standard feature on all M600SLS products, HALO includes the most significant advancement in recent general aviation history: Garmin Autoland, and was first certified the M600SLS, continuing our commitment to protecting what’s most important, you and your passengers.
The Halo Safety System includes the following features:
- Autoland: If necessary, HALO takes over the controls and guides the aircraft to the nearest runway for a precision landing. Automatically activates when autopilot is in LVL mode for two minutes or when Emergency Descent Mode is activated at 14,000 feet. Can also be engaged manually by a guarded switch on the instrument panel. GFC 700 Autopilot with Advanced AFCS Fully integrated flight control system for exceptional flight automation with a dual AHRS-based system. Seamlessly integrates a flight director, autopilot, automatic trim and yaw damper into the G3000 suite.
- Automatic Level Mode: Returns the aircraft to a wings-level attitude with zero vertical speed at the push of a button.
- Autothrottle: The M600SLS includes a fully integrated, standalone auto throttle, which reduces the pilot workload. The single-lever autothrottle automatically adjusts the aircraft’s power settings based on the preset flight profile – from climb-out to the landing approach.
- Hypoxia Recognition System with Automatic Descent Mode: Monitors pilot interaction when autopilot is engaged at cabin altitudes above 14,900 feet. If needed, the system brings the aircraft to a lower altitude to allow recovery from hypoxia.
- SafeTaxi®: A highly detailed, georeferenced airport map that displays your aircraft’s position on the airfield. Also shows an overlaid map of hold short lines.
- TerminalTraffic™: Syncs with SafeTaxi maps to display all ADS-B equipped aircraft and ground vehicles for increased situational awareness.
- SurfaceWatch: Its clear visual and aural cues direct you to the correct runway on takeoff and approach.
- Flight Stream 510: A wireless gateway that streamlines your workload by connecting preflight planning to your mobile device from the G3000 avionics system.
The moment you take delivery of your new M600SLS, it starts to deliver for you. The joys of flying are engineered to excite and endure. Its progressive technology is designed to keep you connected and protected.
Those who fly our M600SLS will enjoy unparalleled service and peace of mind from our new Ultimate Care Program which includes five years of scheduled maintenance and five years of airframe warranty.